It is certainly well-proportioned and well-sited with an imposing three-stage C15 or C16 tower.
The porch is embattled and pinnacled with a refreshing sign saying ‘Church open’.
Inside, the space is fresh thanks, as usual, to the lack of obscuring Victorian glass and white-painted walls. There is the ‘usual’ St Aubyn arch-braced roof.
There are two main delights: the font and the re-purposed C15 bench ends.
The 53 bench-ends which have been re-fixed to the Victorian pitch pine pews in the characteristic way. This is an elegant solution despite the contrast between the two materials. A complete two-seater bench survives at the west end.
One final small modern delight – or rather four delights – are the elegant angels holding candles standing on the cill of the east window.
Also look out for:
- St Goran’s chair in the Lady chapel
- The ‘Lady of Brammel’ replica – rather dull – brass
- The foot-scraper outside the porch. J P St Aubyn was here in 1890-95