Sithney cross

Sithney 01This cross stands at the entrance to the churchyard of Sithney church. It may once have acted as a parish boundary marker between Breage and Sithney.

The cross head was found on a farm in 1947, having been hollowed out for use as a feeding trough. A new rough granite pillar was provided and the cross was moved here in 1977. We would prefer not to have the modern inscription.